My suggestion to improve News results

Hey guys!

Been using testing Mojeek right now, I usually use Neeva (and used to use DDG), but as we know, all these search engines are dependent on Bing. This is where Mojeek comes in for me, being an independent search engine.

I would like to propose improvements to the news results on Mojeek, when I compare it to the experience on the majority of the other search engines including the big G, as you may have noticed, one of the biggest things I am missing here, is the images included on each news result from the article. Example; If I search up for Tesla, I get news about Tesla on both Google and Mojeek, but what the missing piece here is the images from the article. Mojeek is just pushing out links to articles, but pulling out images like Google does will make the experience of finding a nice news article much, MUCH better!

Google;

Mojeek;

Hi @Archi, thanks for the suggestion. We are close to releasing a much expanded News search product, with many more sources. We won’t be showing more images on this new release, as we don’t want to delay it. But your point is taken and understood. We’ll give it some consideration for the future. The example you showed indicates a missing image for the top News item. We’ll take a look at what’s happening there immediately.

3 Likes

Hello @Colin, Great to know improvements are coming to the news section, and as you said, committing to images for every news article according to my feedback could very well delay that update, so take it slow and steady, something to consider in the future. Also, it seems the first news article on top for a lot of queries already has an image, but as you mentioned, it shows an error saying “No Image Available”.

I got this same error for another query; when searching for “CN Tower”

Thank you for the response btw, appreciate the Mojeek team keeping in touch with the community!