Submitting my personal website’s sitemap to Mojeek

I would love to submit my website’s sitemap to Mojeek, since I would love my website to be indexed by your search engine. Nevertheless, the only insight I found is this seven years old brief article basically saying I cannot do much.

In half a decade time, did anything change in the sitemap submission process?

Furthermore, I deploy my website via Netlify, and I use netlify-plugin-submit-sitemap to submit my sitemap to search engines. I believe it would be a breakthrough for Mojeek (and, for me, really useful) to be supported by plugins like this one; I opened an issue to request support.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
T

Hey T, I’m seeing that your site is indexed: site:tommi.space tommi - Mojeek Search 14 pages, overwhelmingly Italian. Can you have a look at those? In the past we’ve looked at recrawling things in the index when content isn’t comprehensive or is out-of-date.

1 Like

Good morning @tommi, we have added one of your English pages so hopefully that should cause a few more on that side of the site to get crawled. We’ve identified another issue which could be causing some problems and will look to get that sorted ASAP also.

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

No worries @tommi, if you can check in on it every now and again and let us know if things have changed or not then that’s massively useful!

1 Like

Some mechanism for submitting sitemaps, RSS/Atom/JSON feeds, or even WebSub endpoints would be appreciated.

Hang on, I think I’m onto something. Lots of big crawlers expose a proprietary API or interface for submitting pages. WebSub is an open protocol for pushing updates to users (as opposed to having users pull data via an RSS/Atom feed). What if…Mojeek supported WebSub to receive page updates instead?

1 Like

Thanks @Seirdy. We used to just have an add URL page but it was mostly spam or low quality pages that were submitted. The main thing we’re trying to avoid is filling the index with lower quality pages, so for us to implement anything along these lines, we’d have to tackle the issue of lower quality sites being submitted and as a result, potentially getting more pages indexed than other sites do naturally. This being said, thanks a lot for this as a suggestion, I will make sure that it gets looked into properly as a part of this process.

1 Like