Six Billion Pages 🎉🎊🙌

At Mojeek we have one simple and clear mission; to build the world’s alternative search engine. This weekend we took another big step on that journey. - The intro to our blog on this development

We’ve been doing quite a lot of stuff of recent to improve your Mojeek experience (more on that soon enough) but for the moment we’re revelling in another milestone, a bigger index, more websites for you all to peruse, and a better search experience because of it!

Announcing: 6bn Indexed Pages

6 Likes

Congrats! All those weekends assembling servers has paid off big time considering how fast you went from five to six billion.

1 Like

My sore sore RAM-clipping fingers :smile:

1 Like

I’ve always respected Mojeek’s independence. Mojeek doesn’t rely on another index, doesn’t rely on an ad network from companies like Microsoft which are often aligned against user’s interests, and doesn’t rely on AWS to host its servers. I’m impressed how far Mojeek has come despite deliberately choosing not to take these shortcuts, and optimistic about its future.

The lack of harvesting and exploitation of user data is cool, too.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, we’re deeply committed to this path. Shortcuts might take you where you want to go quicker, but it’s pretty much always at a cost.

1 Like