Open in new tab issue

I like to open search results in a new tab. But this is not working for me on Firefox based browsers (I tried Firefox and Floorp) When using Brave browser it works as expected. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Update: I was able to recreate this issue on my other computer, and it looks like it has to do with ticking the referral data box. So this issues most likely has nothing to with the used browser.

1 Like

It sounds like you’ve checked the Mojeek preference for ‘Referral Data’. In part, the option reads, “This is only required for, Chrome < 17, Firefox < 38, Safari < 6, and Internet Explorer”. The box is unchecked by default. Is there some reason why you want this preference enabled?

1 Like

You are correct, and I didn’t fully read the description :frowning: Now I wonder why an option for such old browsers is still there. Do people still use those?

I’m not sure. Someone might have an old computer that they need running or that they cannot afford to replace. When I was in school, I would reboot the library computer in the back into a Linux Live CD to avoid using Internet Explorer 6.

Ah, the mandatory IE6, the good old days :slight_smile:

Calling @Neal_Palmer :smile:

1 Like

Alas my trial
Didn’t go well. As with any electronics over 30 yrs old, stability isn’t a given, it went pop. Humm analog board caps so my trial of Mojeek on retro didn’t occur. Just waiting for a new soldering iron and my recap kit for USA to arrive, then I’ll try again. As I would like to try Mojeek on my old machine plus i don’t trust google/msn these days.

I do now have Mojeek as default search on my iPhone 15 pro so it’s a start lol

2 Likes