NO dark theme?

Is there a dark theme, I can seem to find it?

Hello, btw :slight_smile:

Hey @NOCanoa,

There is a dark theme. You can find it in the settings:

Then under “appearance” and “theme”

ah :man_facepalming: i ment for this forum
@Videonas

Oeps. I’m sorry.

In the settings, I’ve seen that there’s only 1 colour scheme (Mojeek Colours). Under that, there’s a “Dark mode” title with a checkbox to “Enable automatic dark mode colour scheme”, but that doesn’t seem to do much. So I’m guessing there unfortunately isn’t a dark mode.

g

I think this is something which I am able to just create in the back so I will put it on my list.

1 Like

Not too difficult at all :smile: if you head to your Preferences > Interface then you should not be able to select Mojeek Colours Dark. Let me know if you have any issues and/or if there’s anything about it that doesn’t work for you.

It’s very easy to switch out colours in the backed.

2 Likes

yesss baby lets go @Josh thanks

1 Like

no worries :saluting_face:

EDIT: also thanks for requesting this because it has improved my experience considerably :laughing:

1 Like

its win win win win :rofl:

1 Like

There is no dark theme for logged-out users based on the system setting. It’s possible with Discourse as this is working on other forums, such as https://community.openstreetmap.org/ and many others. On these forums, if my system is configured in dark, the forum is dark without being logged in. If I put my system in bright mode, the forum changes automatically in bright mode.
I think it’s not that great to have to create an account and log in just to change the bright or dark theme.

This could also be great for https://www.mojeek.com/ which could also use the system setting to switch, as other search engines do.

Welcome @Canard!

I’ll have a look into how this is accomplished, thanks for pointing it out.

We have a sitting issue for that so I’ve added your request to it :pray:

1 Like

I believe this is done now, if anyone is able to log out and check on their device (it looks to be working for me across two different devices) then it would be much appreciated.

1 Like

It’s working on my end as well.

2 Likes

:raised_hands:

Thanks!

Thanks for tracking this request!

I also confirm it is working perfectly. Thank you for this quick improvement!

1 Like