Mojeek Podcast

I have this idea for a while since Mojeek launch their Monthly newsletter. But i though it would be interesting if Mojeek would start their own podcast discussion the same topics that are cover in their newsletters. But what could be different is have guest or Mojeek staff discussion privacy related topic like problems with big tech and the data collection problems . But what really gave me the idea was there is another smaller privacy or human rights company call small technology foundation. That is founded and operated by Laura Kalbag and Aral Balkan. The do a monthly live stream called small is beautiful that discuss the topics i mention and once in a while have a guest discussion the privacy focus product the are working on or updates to products that aral and laura are working on. And maybe Mojeek could be a guest on that live stream or the other way around. I know it alot to ask for as small as company as Mojeek is but it just an idea i had for a while.

1 Like

It’s something we’ve also thought about quite a bit @AndyDrewAdam, and it looks like we’ve both been watching the same monthly livestream :smile: obviously it’s a decent amount of work but podcasts definitely allow for a deeper dive into what we’re up to.

I also recently got my mixer fixed after a diode explosion so it’s not like I’m wanting for the right kind of kit!

I guess my follow up question here would be what would interest you about Mojeek for us to talk about?

We have things around Big Tech, privacy, tech and the like we could talk about for sure, but is there anything in particular that you’d like to know about Mojeek?

A podcast sounds interesting to me. I regularly listen to podcasts. What I would be interested in is ten minutes on what Mojeek is working on and what problems they’re having. I’ve never had access to that kind of information even though I might walk into the boss’s office ten times a day. It might be a useful habit to have once Mojeek has more employees.

1 Like

I guess what comes to mind is a more in depth behind the scenes of the search engines. Mostly what Mojeek is working and what are the plans for the future of Mojeek to become a true independent search engines. Plus maybe how hard it is to index the web and developing an ad network along side continuing to improve the features and structure of the search engines.

1 Like

All sound like we’ve got a decent amount to say; on the independence aspect, when it comes to web search, Mojeek does not pull from any other indexes in order to serve you results. I’m not sure if that is relevant to:

become a true independent search engines

but I’m putting it just in case you weren’t aware :grin:

I know Mojeek pull results from the own index and no other indexes. i was just mention what plans and steps Mojeek would or is taken to become and stay more independent than the rest of the web search engines. Could be a discussion topic for the podcast idea.

1 Like

It’s a good point, there’s more to independence than just indexes! I’ll look into it :pray: