Is there any way to make Mojeek use more screen width?

As per title, I am just starting to use Mojeek on my Linux laptop and desktop machines. I would really like it to use rather more of the screen width than it does at present. I guess it’s being mobile friendly but as a result it’s not really computer friendly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to hear that and welcome.

On the current line length, the width is as is due to it being the optimum to scan the results without having to scan left and right; more on this: Readability: The Optimal Line Length – Articles – Baymard Institute

This being said we could look into a scale for this so that people wanting a different display could change it, something like: default → wide → wider etc. it has been noted down.

1 Like

Hi @chris,

I hope you’re well?

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll not add to Josh’s answer as he’s covered everything I would’ve!

In the meantime, you could always use userchrome.org to make your own CSS modifications to widen the SERPs until we look at a built in solution :slight_smile:

If you have any questions, do let me know.

Thanks!
Ash

1 Like

hi Chris

what you’re asking to do is to alter CSS styling (cascading style sheet)

if you only want to change the content width for www.mojeek.com/search then i would recommend the solution by @AshboDev - if you need help with that, let me/us know

if you want to alter the appearance of other websites as well, i would highly recommend the browser extension Stylus (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) which makes it very easy to work with CSS and even helps you to learn it if you’re not familiar

here’s the styles i inject for mojeek where the URL option is set to ‘urls starting with’ https://www.mojeek.com/search

.result-col {
    max-width: 820px;
}
.results .s {
    color: #d3d3d3;
}
.right-col {
    max-width: unset;
    margin-left: 820px;
    padding-left: 20px;
}
a:visited {