Introduce Yourself 👋

Thank you for starting Mojeek

2 Likes

Dear Team Mojeek,

I’m an enthusiast. I now have Mojeek as my start page in both Firefox and Vivaldi; it is my primary search engine in my search options for both browsers. I just love finding new things and not being directed to a product. Your recent alternative search is nice for those times your engine is a little too far off the beaten path. I prefer Ecosia and Startpage although I would love to see Swisscows…I’ll post in the right channel for that recommendation. The rest, google, bing, yandex…I’m unwilling to give any attention unless absolutely necessary and it has not been necessary for quite some time thanks to you and a few others.

Further, I know it is not always practical, but I do appreciate the green emphasis; I also LOVE the minimalist look.

Finally, given my lack of tech savvy, I like to support projects I use regularly (e.g. joplin) or want to see succeed. I look forward to some Mojeek merch or perhaps an opencollective option to donate a little every month.

Thank you Team Mojeek for some fresh air,
JP

3 Likes

Welcome @jppelt, it’s always great to talk to people who are enthusiastic about Mojeek and finding new things is our specialty!

Thanks for the pointer on Swisscows, and also for suggestions on donations/merch; on the latter, I’m doing some work to get something together currently as it seems that a lot of people would like to get their hands on some. The first thing we need to sort is to find a provider who meets our standards for some kind of online store. We wear our values on our sleeves and so it has to be the right supplier for us to put it out there.

2 Likes

Hello,

I am just an average user with an interest in all things privacy related and adjacent. I do not program and I pay the bills as a professor at a business school teaching subjects like English and Marketing.

Many years ago I switched to Linux and about 2 years ago I began degoogling my life and trying to increase my digital privacy. I dabbled in self-hosting but now my blog is hosted on Codeberg. I discovered the Fediverse and I see at least one name here on the community I recognise.

About 2 weeks ago I rediscovered Mojeek and I have been using it daily since. So, I will have questions and suggestoons soon.

:vulcan_salute:

Bobby (bbbhltz)

2 Likes

Welcome @bbbhltz, very happy to hear about the rediscovery and please do ask and suggest whenever something comes up!

1 Like

Hello everyone! How are you all?

2 Likes

Hi :wave: there Colin, I just wanted to say that I’m a big supporter of Mojeek, Startpage and less known search engines​:star::star::star::star:

3 Likes

Hi @stu, welcome to the Mojeek community and for the shoutout; always good tom hear. As a supporter and of other challengers, have you tried out Search Choices? Discussion here: happy to hear your feedback or indeed on anything.

3 Likes

Hi guys, my name is Stu. I am a huge fan of technology. I love using less known search engines like mojeek. Its actually pretty neat to search on it. I am a big fan. Hope to let everyone know about mojeek. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all,

I am passionate about #privacy and #security. I am looking forward to connecting and collaborating with like-minded people across the world. Let’s follow each other! All my links here -

3 Likes

Welcome @iAnonymous3000 to space away from tracking :smile: good to see you here.

Still not ready for that chess game, mind.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome, Josh! And yes, it’s unfortunate that Twitter too is tracking us a lot. If you want, you can connect with me on Minds and Mastodon, which are privacy-respecting alternatives.

Hello everyone!
I am Nicola aka nicfab.
Thank you, @Colin, for having invited me to join this community.
I am an Italian lawyer and former president of the San Marino Data Protection Authority.
I deal with privacy, data protection, and cybersecurity in terms of compliance with the legislation.
You can find further details about me on the Internet.
I hope to be helpful here.

4 Likes

Welcome on in @nicfab, good to have you here!
And what an apt skillset that is too :smile:

Hi, I am Kieran. I am a tech enthusiast who is passionate about online privacy. I am also the founder of personaldata.info, a website that teaches about the dangers of online fingerprinting and tracking. I am a huge fan of Mojeek, and I try to distance myself from big tech wherever possible.

5 Likes

Welcome @Kieran, it’s great to have you here :smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’ve just recently stumbled upon mojeek on one of my monthly rages about the impossibility of doing an actual exact search like way back when and the general deterioration of search results on most other search engines. Someone ranted on reddit, the mojeek search engine user replied and we conversed. Real civil, no red tape.

After noticing some really good features, you are now my default search engine. Congratulations :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome @Yann :wave:

It’s exactly how we try to operate so I am very happy to see that’s your assessment!

I guess a lot of the ranting comes from the fact that a great deal of messages to those building and maintaining tech are left unanswered. Mojeek is improved off the back of user feedback, so a conversation or a response is always an opportunity to learn… in our eyes at least :smile:

Good morning, all.

I’ve been on the community forum for some time now and never introduced myself, so here we go!

I’m a Southern Baptist Tea Party constitutional conservative. I’m anti- Big Tech, mass and global surveillance and am a strong believer in freedom of speech and expression and the right to privacy and to be forgotten.

Use a mask. Use Tor. Resist the surveillance pandemic.

Just because you aren’t doing anything wrong doesn’t mean you aren’t being watched.

I’ve enjoyed my time here and look forward to meeting more of y’all. :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

I would wager these are broadly shared opinions here :fist:

We’ve talked before, but I’ll give you a formal welcome now! Good to have you here.

1 Like