Getting more hits from mojeek :)

i am very pleased to see more traffic to my site coming from mojeek, the number of which often exceeds that of DuckDuckGONE

3 Likes

Yes. It is wonderful to see Mojeek grow.

Very much happy to hear that :partying_face: :clap:

1 Like

hey Josh, today the number of referrals from mojeek have exceeded those from google (and everyone else) and while i’m happy to see this, it defies logic

mojeek has long ago indexed my site and has long been in my list of recommended search indexes, so this recent (welcome) uptick in traffic seems quite out of place

you have any idea as to what may be happening??? has there been a huge increase in the number of people using mojeek in the last week or so?

There hasn’t been any exceptional traffic increase that would explain this. There were some major changes last week targeted at speed and concurrency which could have both improved results and brought some sites which were ranked lower further up in the results. This could explain it partially - as we don’t track these things, we cannot say for sure.

On top of that, there’s always the possibility of fake referrers or bots.

On top of that, there’s always the possibility of fake referrers or bots.

ready for a laugh???

i’ve been working on a script which uses cURL to check for broken links and running it on content from my site

care to guess what referrer i was sending?

:blush:

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant, for both the laugh and now knowing what was causing it :clap: :laughing: