Feedback on Focus

Hello again Mojeek!

First bit of feedback is a straight-up bug: once I’ve made a focus, if I try to delete it, the button to cancel works, but the button to confirm does nothing. I click “OK” repeatedly until I give up and cancel. So the only way I can delete a focus seems to be to wipe my cookies?

The second is, I think the focusses would probably be a bit more useful if you could add partial URLs rather than just domains.

E.g., if I search for Test and apply the Dictionaries focus, the top result is a list of challenging words to use in tests (or something) from Merriam-Webster. The third result is the actual definition of the word “test” from Merriam-Webster.

The top result has a URL of the format merriam-webster.com/games/… whereas the definition of Test is at merriam-webster.com/dictionary/test.

So, if the purpose of the Dictionaries focus is to return some actual definitions for your search term, I think it would be more powerful if you could add .merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ to the list of sites, rather than just .merriam-webster.com. It would just mean you can be more specific and selective.

Hey Jags, are you able to provide your device and browser for this? We’re unable to replicate it :pray:

Oh, unexpected - I’m on Nothing Phone using Chrome.

While we’re on possibly device- or browser-specific issues… in landscape the search bar is drawn over the logo and menu items:

1 Like

Morning @Jags,

Thanks for letting us know - I’ve reproduced this locally so will get a fix pushed up for it.

All the best!
Ash

2 Likes

Is the update on this bug already pushed out? I’ve noticed the same behaviour.

I’m on a dekstop running TuxedoOS. Chromium based browsers don’t seem to be able to delete a focus (I’ve tried Vivaldi and ungoogled chromium). Firefox doesn’t seem to have an issue with this.

The search bar issue was; I’ve replicated your issue on UC and Vivaldi and raised an issue for it :pray:

2 Likes

@Jags This has been fixed and pushed, can you test and confirm for me please?

@videonas This too has been fixed and pushed - confirmed our end but please double check yourself and let us know.

3 Likes

The issue is fixed for deleting a single Focus. The “Yes” button on the pop-up for “delete all” still doesn’t do anything.