AI hype and the missing intelligence in 'artificial intelligence'

what do you think now seeing elonmusks robot.

not sure exactly what to think of Musk, but the little bit of research i did on his background is quite troublesome - basically, at this point, i think he’s a greatly over hyped salesman with an elitist background and a lot of political connections

the following is an interesting read…

“We NOT Robot” Elon Musk Tries to Continue Deceiving America and the Rest of the World that Robots will Replace Humans

I put robotics in different category, but there are people who think they were remote controlled.

AI is still scammy, and these new robots just look like Elon watched Mitchells Vs The Machines and decided to copy that.

1 Like

just watched a preview of that - i think that’s an excellent analogy

1 Like

Elon Musk’s Beer-Pouring Optimus Robots Are Not Autonomous

Plenty of people thought they were fully independent robots, interacting with humans just like other human beings. “This tech is years ahead of any competition,” one user on X wrote. The problem is, based on everything we know about Tesla’s robotics achievements, Musk is actually way behind the competition.

In fact, Musk’s competition started adding the words “no teleoperation” to their videos precisely because he got caught fudging a demonstration video back in January. The video showed Optimus folding a shirt, but eagle-eyed viewers noticed that a hand kept waving into the camera’s field of vision. There was someone just off-screen performing the task of folding and the robot mimicked the human.

As you can see in the GIF below, we’ve added a red arrow to show you where the human hand is. That technology, teleoperation, is so cutting edge that it dates to the 1940s.

1 Like

Tesla Stock Falls $68 Billion After ‘Underwhelming’ Robotaxi Event

Tesla stock dove Friday as the initial reaction was sour to the electric vehicle company’s eagerly awaited robotaxi day, with analysts largely knocking the lack of details presented Thursday night by Elon Musk’s electric vehicle firm on its autonomous driving efforts.

Movie director accuses Musk of stealing his designs - RT Entertainment

“Hey Elon, Can I have my designs back please?” Proyas said on X on Sunday, posting side-by-side comparisons between what was shown by Tesla and what was featured in the film that he directed, which starred Will Smith in the lead role of a robot-skeptical police detective.

Facts Chaser on X

Sources: The remote controlled Tesla Optimus has problems balancing. Despite 3 years in development, it walks like a 90 year old human with bad hips and knees - why Tesla employees had encircled :point_down: it to make sure a minor bump didn’t send it crashing :laughing:

Tesla’s Optimus robots were partly controlled by humans: report

Although Optimus bots were able to walk using artificial intelligence, many of their actions were controlled remotely by Tesla employees, sources told Bloomberg.

After the event on Thursday, guests took to social media to speculate over the bots’ so-called autonomous capabilities.

Facts Chaser X

Fake Tesla robotaxi that only seats two and only “works” via remote control on fake city streets at one movie studio in LA has pointless swing up doors, forcing rider to cut a wider path to enter and exit - dangerous in real world traffic, and cumbersome in narrow spaces :clown_face:

Facts Chaser on X

Musk’s fake robotaxis were spotted faking larger rims via painted tires. The choice of gold is not shocking

EXCLUSIVE: Tesla’s Humanoid Robot ‘Was A Fake,’ Elon Musk ‘Doesn’t Deliver At All,’ Says Analyst | Nasdaq

When asked about the company’s recent unveiling of a humanoid robot, he said: “We now know it was a fake - there was a guy out of shot on the video controlling it - Where are we at with humanoids? I don’t think it’s ever coming.”

…meanwhile the EV market, which was never about the environment, continues to crash, as it should since EV’s depend almost exclusively on coal/gas/nuclear power plants to charge their environmentally destructive batteries (when they’re not busy catching on fire)

1 Like