Will Mojeek Offer a Premium Service to Searchers?

i have no idea how successful a subscription model might be, but i suspect it might be a turn-off even for those who would not want to subscribe

personally i’m fine with ads as long as they are in a sidebar, or there’s an option to hide them, or, if combined with the results, clearly marked and wrapped in a div with a css class so one can inject the necessary css to hide them :slight_smile:

if you’re using Firefox (or Chrome i’m pretty sure), see Skip Redirect and ClearURLs (or ClearURLs for uBO if you’re using uBO)

regarding Coil, personally i wouldn’t get near that with a 99 ft. pole - for starters, they’re breaking AMO rules by linking to their privacy policy rather than displaying in full on AMO and their “privacy” policy is, if i may be blunt, crap - it is also not immediately clear to me whether one has a choice of what companies one wishes to fund

registering can be completely anonymous - for example i use a VPN that requires zero personal information and accepts cryptocurrencies - customers are identified via the sharing of a cryptographic key