DOJ Sues Google

I can’t wait for the court proceedings to start up again and we get a verdict.

2 Likes

It’s worth mentioning that Google lost the antitrust case against Epic Games regarding Google Play on Android, with remedies to come in a few months. Microsoft is one of the companies that wants to start its own app store on Android and iOS this year, so they’ve been looking forward to this.

This is going to be an interesting year for Google. And Apple too, hopefully, with whatever happens with the Digital Markets Act.

2 Likes

busy year for the folks in the google law depts

• ad tech case in a Virginia federal court in September
  • Texas and other states have a case also focused on the advertising business in March
  • a return to federal court in DC in May for closing arguments on the general search monopoly case
  • December; jury trial verdict against Google in favor of Epic, which the company is still appealing

all this grabbed from This Week In Google Antitrust newsletter

1 Like

Return of the $2 Trillion Secret Trial Against Google

We are back this week with closing arguments etc. more detail here: Return of the $2 Trillion Secret Trial Against Google

For a tl;dr, one of the fascinating aspects of this is:

the Court is providing a remote audio access line, and I’ll update this article as soon as that access line is posted to the public docket.

The full timings are down the bottom of that piece :smile: I’ll be listening and following for sure!

2 Likes